Cee’s Share Your World – Week 3

Mandarin orange

365 Project – Day 20

Today is the third week of Cee’s Share Your World Writing Challenge. Here are her questions with my corresponding answers:

In what do you find the simplest of joys?

I love seeing beautiful landscapes. You don’t know how much I want to stop my car each time I see a picturesque site so I could shoot it. But most times you can’t just do that especially if you are driving in the highway or expressway. So when I travel I prefer to drive so I could just do that whenever I want to. But most of my traveling companions understand by now my quirkiness. In the country side, it is easy to back up the car or make a u-turn just to go back to a coveted scene, that is not so easy in an urban setting.

Jello or Pudding? And what is your favorite flavor?

Am a new fan of rice pudding. I never paid much attention to it because I grew up eating rice everyday, I thought I have tried all the rice dishes known to a rice eater like me. Two or three years ago I finally tasted a rice pudding. Oh so heavenly! I love it’s creaminess and the fragrance of the cinnamon and vanilla. One of these days, I would like to try to make it. Please send me your recipe if you have one that you really like.

But I also miss my Mom’s jello. Back in the Philippines we use agar-agar for gelatin and we buy the bars in the Filipino store. Her recipe calls for diluting the gelatin in pasteurized milk and/or coconut cream/milk. During Christmas she’d make them in layers of green, red and white or yellow and pour them in a Tupperware mold. Sometimes she’d add raisins and another with pineapple. I like them both.

Is there a language you would like to learn?

At one time when I was younger I was learning Japanese or Nippongo. I had several Japanese friends then who were studying in the Philippines but after they left I stopped. It would be interesting to go back to it but the Japanese language is difficult to learn.

Do you prefer juice or fruit?

I prefer fruits. I find the act of peeling, cleaning or preparing the fruit very relaxing as it gives you time to concentrate on what you are doing and later enjoy the fruit.

This entry was posted in My Core. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Cee’s Share Your World – Week 3

1. Pingback: Share Your World – 2014 Week 3 | Nola Roots, Texas Heart

2. Amy says:

3. bebs1 says:

Thanks for dropping by Amy.

4. Cee Neuner says:

Oh thanks so much for sharing. Your photo is stunning. I really like rice pudding and bread pudding too!

5. bebs1 says:

Thanks Cee. I was eating that orange last night and I didn’t have any photo for the day so I thought it will go with your questions. I also like bread pudding, warm and with ice cream melting next to it. Yum!

6. viveka says:

Great post, nice to get to know you a little better – love your answer to the fruit question. And I love rice pudding too. *smile

7. Capt Jill says:

I love rice pudding too, tho I have it so rarely I didn’t even think of it for the answer.
    I’m the same as you, pulling over to take pictures everywhere. :-)
    Thanks for sharing, I love your photos!

8. bebs1 says:

Thank you Capt. Jill although you might have far scenic views that you see.

9. bebs1 says:

Ha ha ha, me and my rice pudding. I just bought some sweet rice so let’s see how soon I could make it. Maybe next week I will buy some cinnamon and vanilla. Hmmm, I could almost taste and smell it.

10. viveka says:

You just have to have cinnamon with ricepudding – we eat it warm with milk and load of ground cinnamon on Christmas Eve and there is always a hidden almond in the pudding – the one that gets the almond … will get married in the following year, that doesn’t work.
    The leftover pudding we then mix with whipped cream the for Christmas Day and serve with warm cherry sauce – that is to die for. We also have vanilla in ours.

11. bebs1 says:

Mind sharing me your rice pudding recipe Viveka? Hey, I don’t want to lose my time over one almond especially if its prediction of getting married the following year does not work. LOL